Alamance Creek Week is a collaborative effort between many communities within Alamance County, NC. Creek Week involves the participation from residents and stake-holders to foster community involvement in watershed health and understanding of human impact on water resources.
Village of Alamance – City of Burlington – Town of Elon – Town of Gibsonville City of Graham – Town of Green Level – Town of Haw River – City of Mebane Saxapahaw Community – Snow Camp Community – Town of Swepsonville
Participants include residents, businesses, service groups, neighborhood organizations, scouts, churches, school groups, and colleges.
– Over 1,400 individuals participated in 2018 Creek Week events during the week of March 17th – 24th.
– 1,089 of those individuals participated in volunteer cleanups on ABSS school campuses, Little Alamance Creek, Boyds Creek, and the Haw River!
– Volunteer cleanup efforts totaled approximately 5,440 lbs. of trash as well as an additional 620 bags of trash collected through the Haw River Assembly’s CleanUpAThon and Alamance-Burlington School System campus cleanups.
– Operation Medicine Drop collected 51 lbs. of medications, preventing these from ending up in our water sources in Alamance County.
– All individuals received education on the importance of protecting our waterways and the effects of human impact on our water resources.